After graduation in Aeronautical and Aerospace Technology Dieter Wegener worked as scientist at „Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt (DLR)“.
After four years as consultant for McKinsey he joined Siemens in 1996 as Head of Gasturbine Engineering at “Power Generation”. During his career within Siemens he had different responsibilities: personal Assistant for an Executive Board Member, Chief Technology Officer (CTO) for Division “Industry Solutions” and Vice President “Advanced Technologies & Standards (ATS)” for Industry Sector.Today he is Head of External Cooperation at Siemens Corporate Technology.
Additionally he is
(1) Speaker of „Führungskreis Industrie 4.0“ for ZVEI (German Electrical and Electronic Manufacturers‘ Association)
(2) Vice-President DKE (German Commission for Electrical, Electronic & Information Technologies)
(3) Executive Board Member at DigitalEurope
(4) Speaker of Advisory Board SCI4.0 (Standardization Council Industrie 4.0)
(5) Vice-Chairman of DMEC (Digital Manufacturing Executive Council) at DigitalEurope
(6) Member of Steering Group AI-Standardisation Roadmap at DIN.